If your website is Search engine Optimised you can do things like improve traffic, find and fix SEO errors, improve search engine ranking and get traffic. To make sure it’s SEO optimised, it’s just a really good way of just checking and seeing how healthy the site is doing. There are many plugins that can check the condition of your site. You can also optimise manually. Here are some key factors to consider while evaluating if a website is SEO friendly.
- URL Structure: URL for all the pages should be short, descriptive and easy to read. They should have the primary keyword of your niche that you wanted to rank.
- Title Tag and Meta Descriptions: Title tag and meta description are HTML elements that contain brief information of what the website has. These should be unique for each page that reflects the content in it and must include relevant keywords.
- Header Tags: Header tags are (H1, H2, H3 n soo on) used to structure the content on the pages. They help search engines understand the hierarchy of information on a page
- Content: Content must be optimised for both users and search engines. This can be achieved by posting high- quality content, unique and relevant articles. Regularly adding up a new content or updating the old once can also help in making the website SEO friendly.
- Keyword Optimization: Keywords should be deliberately placed in the content, title, meta description and header tags
- Image Optimisation: Image should have descriptive filename and alt text that tells what the image is about.
- Page Speed: Page speed is an important factor to take care of while checking if the website is SEO friendly. Slow- loading speed can lead to poor user experience, visitors tend to leave your site quickly. Page speed is a ranking factor for mobile searches. Slow loading websites can make it difficult for crawlers to effectively index the content. These slow loading sites prevent some of the content being fully accessible to google search engine crawlers.
- Sitemap and robots.txt: A sitemap and robots.txt are both important components of a website’s structure that can have an impact on its SEO. A sitemap is a file that lists all the pages on a website and provides information about each page to the search engine. A robots.txt file is a simple text file that is used to communicate with search engine crawlers and other automated agents about which pages or sections of a website should not be crawled. By providing search engines with information about a website’s structure and content, these files can help improve a website’s visibility in search results and increase its overall ranking in SERPs.
- Backlinks: Backlinks play a crucial role in SEO as they provide signals to search engines about the popularity and relevance of a website. Having a diverse range of high-quality backlinks can help improve a website’s search engine ranking and visibility in search results.