Current population of the world is 7.96 billion people. Out of which 4.9 billion people are actively using the internet. They spend an average of 415.5 minutes per day on the internet. From adults to children everyone is exposed to the internet. May it be for quick information, communication, shopping, education, games, music, finance and much more, you can find everything on your finger tips. With the amount of time being spent on the internet, business owners have realised the importance of being online and have started moving their businesses and services online.
Do you know 36% of small businesses still don’t have a website? If your business is one of them, it’s time to get one soon.
Don’t you want your business to have an online presence? So that’s where websites come in frame.
Let’s start from the basics, What is a website? A company, organisation or any business that puts its information on a platform connected to the internet that can be viewed on world wide web is a website What is the importance of having a website for a business? A business website helps a business grow by fulfilling its marketing strategies and objectives. Web advertising is the
most effective form of marketing and has more reach. It gives a virtual representation, online space to expand and attract your business. Okay, let’s know more about it in detail. Broadly there are many advantages but we are going to list the best 9 Benefits of having a website for small businesses.
- Develop an Online Presence : You need an online presence to look legal, to look lawful as rapidly as possible. Having an online presence helps you the credibility of not being new to this product or service. Regardless of what business you do your
online face has to look presentable for customers to gain trust on you. People go to the internet to look for answers or want to do business with the brand or purchasing stuff, and your business has to be there if you want customer traffic. An online
presence also makes your business approachable to the people. Websites and other listings assist them to come and look for you, even if they have reached to you offline or like what they saw and wanna put in money or maybe they wanna know more
about your business. Your online existence basically refers to the tasks that happen on the internet related to your business.
- Share information about your products and services: Just like a physical business card, your online representation must have basic and necessary information about you and your company. A product page on a website helps the public to find solutions to their problems. This information page must be attractive as well as simple to understand. If you fail to do so your marketing and advertising goals go short. Sharing your information also makes customers easy to get in touch with and hence increases the sales.
- Quick and Cheap marketing method : Online marketing is said to be the fastest growing and budget friendly way of advertising your business. Since smartphones and the internet are at the tip of the finger, making your business visible there will not be a tough job. It reduces the cost from paper and hooding marketing. It saves a lot more off budget and can drive visitors directly to your store and engage your website.
- Learn your customers tastes and preferences: The products and services that customers consciously choose over others is customers taste. Consumer taste may change often in some businesses. Great companies make it a priority to know their customers deeply. Insights are the best way to find what your customers need. Customer insights can be classified into 2 categories, traditional and digital. Traditional ways can be through Word of Mouth, a group of people get together and discuss an existing product or give review to the owner or team. Survey, company may hire few skilled volunteers to question customers about the products and services. Similarly Digital ways can be through Website behaviour, Web search patterns, CRMs and database, Social media conversations, Blogs and Online reviews. In short, communication is the best way to know what your customers require.
- Expand business opportunities: One of the efficient ways to promote your business is by promoting your website. The more clicks from potential customers can be a gateway of recognition. There are few strategies that can help you expand your business. Have a strong SEO presence, get on google my business, write blog on relevant topics according to your business, create a youtube channel, use frequent email marketing, use most searched keywords, add website link to all your platforms, use google analytics report, host a giveaway and the list goes on. There are a lot of competitions online, it is not impossible to get in but it requires consistency to drive in traffic.
- Opens an online marketplace: Online shopping has become a big trend nowadays. It has become almost mandatory for a business to showcase their products and services online. Anything and everything can be bought with a click, for this reason online sales has become more competitive. There are online market segments just like physical ones. These are business-to-business, business-to-consumers, consumers-to-consumers and consumers-to-business. So having a website with a product/ service page can yield a lot for the business. Hence having an attractive yet simple website drives customers to shop online.
- Stay in touch with email lists: Have you noticed that once you login your email with any food delivery application like swiggy or uber eats they send regular mails to your email address. This is one type of marketing campaign. Such big brands generally use this method so that they stick onto the customers head and customers tend to visit their site often. This is a physiological way of getting traffic on a website. Email messaging provides an easy and direct way to interact between customers and companies. You can also provide a call to action to land or your website or purchase page from mail.
- List down business achievements and testimonials: Just like your basic information, listing down awards and testimonials are also important for customers to trust your product or service. When we go on to watch a movie, we check reviews and ratings about the move. Similarly a review, rating, award or testimonials help customers find the best partner/ company who can solve their problems. This also helps in building up trademarks of the business.